Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween and My Husband's Alter Ego

I never really have gotten into Halloween. It's kind of my least favorite holiday. I'm not a big fan of lawns decorated in dead people or scary movies (which lost their appeal after I no longer needed to find an excuse to get a boy to hold my hand or put his arm around me). Add to that the fact that I am diabetic and Halloween is a lovely reminder that I love candy way more than candy loves me, it really isn't fun for me at all.

There is one thing, however, that I do appreciate about this holiday, and that is the watching my husband celebrate it. For the past three years he has dressed up as Buddy the Elf. Mostly I like it because it gets me excited for Christmas, which is one of my very favorite holidays, but also because given his 6'4" frame and usually shy nature, the costume is a big hit and allows him to escape from his comfort zone once a year (okay, usually twice because he usually finds an excuse to wear it during the Christmas season). And, luckily, given a few changes in jobs and living quarters, he's been able to recycle the costume year after year.

So, the goal for next year is to be settled enough that he won't be able to wear it again and we'll have to come up with something new.

So, in honor of the fact that Halloween is almost over and then it is Thanksgiving (and Diabetes Awareness Month, aren't you so excited?) and then it is CHRISTMAS!!!, go to this link and watch the video (for some reason it won't let me embed the video).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUmoo1ZzICE

Because if pictures are worth 1000 words, then this video must be worth like a billion words, and I have nothing else to say today anyway!

Happy Halloween!




No comments:

Post a Comment