Tuesday, October 30, 2012

I Did and I Didn't

No, I didn't post last week.

I attribute that to my non-sleeping daughter, a busy week, and a Thursday migrane.
Also, I went on a date to the Temple with my husband that night, which was slightly more important than this blog (gasp!).

So, I apologize.

BUT....

I have big news.

I am taking on a challenge.

And I am super excited about it.

And it is going to get me writing again.

You, see, November is National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo for short).

And...I signed up today!

Which means, starting Thursday, I am going to be doing a whole lot of writing. (Keep your fingers crossed that Kevin will start taking really good naps...and that my husband will still be fed, because sometimes when I get into a writing mood, I can't come out of it). The sponsors of the event compare this to running a marathon--instead it's writing a marathon.

What is NaNoWriMo? Here is a breakdown:

1. Aspiring authors set a goal to write an entire novel during the month of November.
2. The novel should be at least 50,000 words (that breaks down to an average of 1667 words a day and roughly a 175 page manuscript by the end of the month).
3. Writers are encouraged to forgo editing and ignore grammatical mistakes. The goal is to have a completed rough draft by the end of the month.

I'm a little nervous, but mostly just excited. I have two days to figure out which of the five or six stories in my head I'm going to write. Fantasy? Historical fiction? The story of one of my ancestors? Plain old fiction?

Who knows.

But I think that will be part of the adventure.

Start with a story. A setting. A character. A sentence.

And see where I end up by the end of November.

I'll keep you updated :)

No comments:

Post a Comment