Thursday, January 23, 2014

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Hi all! I know you are all so surprised  excited to see me blogging today. I'm not really in the mood to write, which means I need to write. So here we go. Here are a few things on my mind tonight.

My 2014 media consumption
The Good: I found a new show! Actually my mother-in-law's missionary bff found me a new show. Lark Rise to Candleford. Nobody does TV like BBC.
The Bad: I have spent wayyyyy too much time watching said show.
The Ugly: I only have once season left. What am I going to watch after it is over?
Exactly. Should probably get up off the couch and work on that.

Pregnancy
The Good: I am expecting! Yay for a baby!
The Bad: This gestational diabetes diet is killing me. I mean, really, being diabetic is torture. I'd forgotten.
The Ugly: You're probably going to hear wayyyy too much about my pregnancy (and my diabetes) between now and August (that's when the baby is supposed to arrive, and all of this extra work and extra appointments and extra co-pays are supposed to make that a reality).
I solemnly promise to not let my hormones take over this blog. They are taking over everything else.

Pinterest
The Good: Pinterest has been a great bonding tool for my little sister and me I love it when I wake up in the morning and she's sent me like 10 funny pins. It brightens my day and I feel like it is a very sisterly thing for us to do.
The Bad: There are LOTS of recipes on pinterest. Most of them have wayyyy too much sugar and wayyy too many carbs for me to try these days.
The Ugly: You know your zofran has kicked in when you can look at Pinterest again without getting nauseated.
Really, I haven't had hardly any morning sickness this time around. But it seems like whenever I do, I like to torture myself by looking at Pinterest. Why do I do that? I don't know. Blame it on Liz.

Reading in 2014
The Good: I've read three books so far...
The Bad: Okay, so I sort of read the first three chapters and the last three chapters of one of those. And I skipped about 40 pages of The Book Thief, which I had already read.
The Ugly: I can't even concentrate long enough to read "I Love You Through and Through" to Kevin.
I need some easy reads to bring my stress level down. Anyone have any suggestions?

Kevin
The Good: She's starting to talk! She says heartwarming things like "thank you" and "miss you" and "call Papa."
The Bad: She is teething and temper-tantruming me to my limit. She has also learned to turn on the light switch from her crib (we see lights flashing in the middle of the night) and has officially reached the "NOOOO! You can't wash my favorite blanket!" stage.
The Ugly: Well, there really is nothing ugly about her. I love her a lot.
I can't believe I have an almost-two year old!

Oreos
The Good: They just invented a cookie dough oreo.
The Bad: Obviously, I can't try them until I am no longer pregnant.
The Ugly: I've already made Scott promise to buy me a package, hide it, and then bring it out after I deliver and let me eat cookies to my heart's content.
Side Note: Kevin was born four days after Oreo celebrated its 100th birthday. We bought four packages on sale from the grocery store. We didn't open them until after she had arrived. I really did eat 1/3 of the package all by myself when they finally discharged me from the hospital. Nothing tasted better.

Football
The Good: An NFL team we actually like is going to the Superbowl!
The Bad: The end of football season is drawing to a close.
The Ugly: That means my mother (who is NOT ugly, didn't you read that post?) is about to hit her post-gridiron depression. Sorry, Mom. Kevin and Scott will join you. And then you'll have time to watch Lark Rise to Candleford!
Also, this just in: the Aggies have at least three players competing in the NFL Combine this year! And Scott went to high school with a player on the Denver Broncos team, so even though we will be rooting for the Seahawks, we will have fun watching out for him (he's the guy that went on Ellen a few days ago and she gave him some funny orange underwear).

Me, in general
The Good: I actually managed to post on a Thursday! And I did some domestic things today! And I've lost two pounds in the last week (I don't really need to lose said pounds, but I am trying to be positive about this whole diet thing) and am back to weighing what I did when I came home from Texas! And I am learning more about myself than I ever thought I would this year, which has been both eye-opening and hard. But still good.
The Bad: I haven't been in a great state of mind/body as of late. But I am working and fighting hard to come out of it and get back on top of things (despite the fact that my husband keeps telling me it isn't my fault that my body is out of control), so I am going to give myself some credit for that. For trying.
The Ugly: See? Pregnancy has already taken over the blog!


Happy Thursday everyone!

2 comments: