Friday, July 12, 2013

Chasing Dreams

Note: I always feel like whenever I do a "soapbox" post I have to do a "warm fuzzies mommy" post so people will like me again.

Kevin, my little one, loves to be chased. She will "lure" me into her room to play with her, only to run out of it so that I have to come find her. When she hears me coming up behind her, she tries to pick up her pace and waddle faster. I say "tries" because she usually trips over her feet and falls at some point, but it doesn't matter, because she is still giggling so hard she can barely breathe.

That laugh is my favorite sound in the whole wide world.

This afternoon, as we were playing this game, I wondered what is so thrilling to her about being chased. I, personally, hate that feeling of something coming up behind me, even when I know it is coming. I was that kid that never wanted to play tag in second grade (still my least favorite game), and I still do everything I can to avoid running at all costs.

My daughter, however, has always thrived on a challenge. Perhaps that is why she chose to come so early. Perhaps it is why she wanted me and Scott to be her parents. She likes it when things are harder, it makes life more fun, more thrilling.

Having me run after her makes her little heart happy, because she knows that no matter how hard she tries to get away, I am going to catch her at some point.

After all, I am chasing my dream.



No comments:

Post a Comment