Thursday, July 25, 2013

Happy Birthday Blog!

Last year, I gave myself a most amazing present for my 25th birthday: a blog. I think it is a tradition I am going to keep--giving myself something life-enriching every year. I have been so blessed by this blog--and although that sounds strange to say, it really has been one of my saving graces. I love having a time and a place to write down my thoughts and feelings and anecdotes. I love how sharing them has brought me joy returned in the form of comments from family members and friends. I think starting this blog was probably the best decision I made as a 25-year-old (I don't know what that says for this past year, since I started the blog two days after my birthday). Anyway, this year I wanted to come up with something that will bless my life even more. This year I want to give myself a better relationship with my Heavenly Father and my Savior, Jesus Christ. This year I am going to have more meaningful scripture study and prayer. If you want to know more, ask me about it! I will share gladly!

Anywho, since this is an "anniversary post" and since our Thursday is BOOKED this week, I thought I would do a different kind of post and refer you back to posts you may have missed this past year. If you want to see my "Most Popular Posts" check out the gadget on the right side of the blog, which links you to the ten most popular posts according to my readers. Today, however, I want to point you back to something you may have missed for some reason or another. These are ten of my favorite posts for the past year (I excluded the "Popular Posts" because most of you have read them!).  I don't think I posted any of these links (with the exception of "Family") to facebook. so those of you who come from facebook are in for some treasures. I hope you find something you enjoy!

1. A Champion
2. Terminology: A Post in Three Parts
3. An Ode to Joy
4. Trick or Treat or ...something else entirely?
5. Catching Up to Her
6. A Real-Life Fairy Tale
7. A Little More Like Her
8. Family
9. In Her Shoes
10. Square One

 Thanks for loving me, reading my writing, and not judging my thoughts-- and for giving me something to do every Thursday.

Happy Birthday Thursday Blog!

And now, here is a picture of me on my birthday, which was also this week:
 

 Kevin gave me a coloring book (as pictured). We love to color together, so this was a perfect present from her (that and we've pretty much destroyed the Princess coloring book that was one of two that we own).  Unfortunately, she had been grounded from coloring for two days as a result of a poor choice she made introducing purple crayon to our kitchen floor.  Guess we will try out the coloring book today, when her punishment is up.

Grounded at 16 months? This girl continues to astound us with her quick "progress" and development!

No comments:

Post a Comment