Thursday, April 28, 2016

Motherhood Monologues #18: Home

My mother explained my writing style best when I was in college.

"Rinda," she said, "no matter where life takes you, your writing always brings you back home."

Every day that I sit down at my keyboard, I am being called home. Even when I am editing, or writing fiction, throwing together a shutterfly book or slideshow, home is never far from my mind.

When I was younger, I thought that you could only have one home. As I've grown, I realize that there are so many places that are home to me:

  • my childhood home
  • my grandparents' homes
  • my in-laws homes
  • the areas where I served in Texas
  • Utah State University
  • the small town in Montana where my mom grew up
  • my best friends' homes
  • any LDS Temple
  • anywhere my children are, I create a home for them
  • and most of all, my husband.
He is home to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment