Friday, April 22, 2016

Motherhood Monologues #11: Allow


This year I have tried harder to allow myself "me" time--much to the annoyance of my children and husband, who sometimes have to find ways to entertain themselves. The thing is, I can't be their everything all the time--even when that only amounts to watching a basketball game I don't care about or sitting next to my daughter while she colors. In order for me to be the best mother and wife I can be, sometimes I have to ignore the crying and the annoyed sighs and finish my book, write on my blog, or create art. If I don't take the time to breathe, then I will suffocate in the constant tugging and pulling that is being a wife and a mother.

Speaking in terms of "allowance," I think I need to give myself more time and space to do the things that relieve my stress and make me happy WITHOUT punishing myself for it by carrying around the guilt of "but I could have been doing something for them."


No comments:

Post a Comment