Monday, April 18, 2016

Motherhood Monologues #8: Clearing Space


My list of mental clutter (for today, anyway):
1. What's for dinner?
2. How many ways is my son going to unwittingly try to harm himself today?
3. All the characters and songs from Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood
4. Facebook. All the posts. Or at least the 90% of them that pertain in absolutely no way to my life.
5. My ongoing list of projects that I haven't started
6. OH LOOK! A BOOK!
7. I should really go pull some weeds.
8. I should really exercise.
9. Everyone looks better with a little chub, right?
10. How many days until the weekend, again?
11. Every worry of every possible thing that could ever go wrong
12. All the mommy guilt. I gave her the blue bowl for breakfast and lied when I said there wasn't a clean purple one.
13. How is it possible for one little boy to love string cheese that much?
14. OH LOOK! ANOTHER BOOK!
15. The people at V-Tech should be shot for making the most annoying toys on the planet.
16. He knows the word "kickoff!" I must be doing something right!
17. "If you have to go potty, stop and go right away!"
18. Laundry. I should probably start some. And fold the four loads I did last week.
19. How many mini Cadbury eggs can I eat in one day without feeling guilty? I shared one with my daughter after lunch. Surely that means I can eat five more.
20. Tomorrow. Everything tomorrow.

What I need to do to reclaim that mental space:
1. Sleep.
2. Read.
3. Breathe.
Not necessarily in that order.

No comments:

Post a Comment