Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Motherhood Monologues #2: Choose



I often feel that my choices in life are limited. That is, my main choice to stay out of the workplace and in the home often defines many other choices that I might have had otherwise.

Just a few days ago a friend posted on facebook that her employer was looking for freelance writers. I asked for more information, but as soon as I read her message, the message from God was the same as it has been for the past four years: "No. Not right now. Your children need you."

I often think that, since I am distracted by my phone, computer, and social media anyway, I might as well be earning money, right? But everytime I start to think that way, the Holy Ghost pulls on the reigns and I am reminded, once again, that being a mother--just a mother--is enough in and of itself.

What am I afraid of losing by choosing to not work? Myself--the person I once thought I could become.

And what do I gain by choosing to follow the Lord's counsel to me? Myself--the person He wants me to become.


No comments:

Post a Comment